HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Maks. liczba gości5
|Adres||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, Wielka Brytania|
|Rodzaj nieruchomości||Prywatny pokój|
|Czas reakcji||Kilka godzin|
1. PROFILES: Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
2. Make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address
4. AUGUST 2017 FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many dozens of visitors from East and West:
*China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India * Australia * New Zealand * Hong Kong * & Now JAPAN (Sept 2016)
* Norway * Sweden * Netherlands * Germany * Austria * Belgium *Switzerland * France * Italy * Ireland * Spain *Iceland * Portugal * and even England! :-)
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village - frequently you meet someone you know when you're out. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons,and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together.
The garden flat is a 22-MINUTE WALK FROM WAVERLEY TRAIN STATION & PRINCES STREET, AND 30 MINUTES TO THE ROYAL MILE. There are many local bus services nearby. My home is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees. Fresh herbs are for the taking.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). For groups and families there are two extra mattresses with all bedding placed on the floor if required, **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS VERY LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk/worktop, comfortable arm chair and closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, my room is adjacent near the kitchen.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. For 1-3 persons breakfast may be taken at the small half-round kitchen table 830-930, or by arrangement, and larger guest groups will have breakfast at the 200 year-old Scottish farm table in the lounge.
Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating, 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided. Children ( DISCOUNT for CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16, please ask at time of booking, under 5 years are free) and pets welcome. I am also gay-friendly. There is an extensive collection of photographic arts and Oriental carpet books, as well as maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinema & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport the new TRAM
• Edinburgh is a very walkable place. It is an easy walk or bus to Princes Street, the Olde Town, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station all in central Edinburgh.
• Excellent international restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
UK RAIL TRAVEL?
Beware UK rail prices which seem to have no logic. However with a little planning and knowledge you can very often travel much cheaper particularly long distance.
SPLIT-TICKETING: Longer journeys can often be less expensive by shopping carefully, buying in advance ON LINE, and breaking up your journey into 2, 3 or more segments, with tickets for each part of the journey,often at major junctions. Look online for "split ticketing". It is legal & usually worth the effort
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Cena za >1 gości||91 zł opłata dodatkowa od gościa/nocy|
|Maks. liczba nocy||5 noce|
|Zameldowanie przed||Do ustalenia|
|Wymeldowanie przed||Do ustalenia|
|Zasady Anulowania Rezerwacji||Elastyczna|
It was great to stay with David in his house in Edinburgh. David is friendly and likes that you visit his home. He tells a lot about the city. His home is near the center and Edinburgh is a lovely place to be.
thanks a lot
It was very nice in the Home-from-Home of David. Its good lovcated to the City of EDI an David ist a quiet nice guy with interessing sories and life experiences.
Cosy and clean B&B on walking distance from the center of Edinburgh with a very friendly host and a nice garden.
it was perfect for us, we were just at home for sleep and breakfast, it was a pleasure, Edinburgh is beautiful, i think we'll come back with children to visit castle and others monuments
We enjoyed our stay with David. His home is lovely and cosy. We have got a lot of good tips how to get around and David told us some of his exciting story´s about his life. The breakfast was wonderful with self-made yoghurt. And in the evening after your trip you can relax in the little green garden. Thank you David! We had a good time.
We had a lovely stay with David, whose house is perfectly located to explore beautiful Edinburgh. The room was very comfortable, tidy and clean. David has been an excellent host, providing us with a delicious breakfast, interesting stories and recommendations on what to see in the city and how to get around. Hopefully we'll be back!
David was an excellent host. His accommodation was immaculately clean, comfortable and cosy. The room was exactly as described and exceeded expectations with complimentary chocolate (yum, yum) and attention to detail for all of our needs. We were able to feel right at home with use of all facilities e.g. towels, kitchen and lounge. David could not have been any kinder, more attentive or sensitive to our needs, particularly important when travelling with a small child. What a lovely, interesting man, a real delight to meet.
David ist ein freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber.Unsere beiden Motorräder wurden gestohlen und David unterstützte uns tatkräftig bei der Konversation mit der Polizei und den notwendigen Telefonaten um unsere Weiterreise zu bewältigen.Wir schätzen ihn sehr aufgrund seiner netten, ehrlichen Art und seiner selbstlosen Hilfsbereitschaft und können seine Unterkunft nur bestens empfehlen.
Nochmals vielen Dank David und liebe Grüsse von Gerhard, Iris und Andreas
Es war ein sehr angenehmer Aufenthalt. Ein sehr netter Gastgeber, der uns mit
Tipps weitergeholfen hat. Die Stadtmitte ist sehr gut zu Fuß erreichbar. Das Zimmer ist sehr gemütlich. Nach Davids Beschreibung war die Adresse vom Flughafen gut zu finden
- Gwarancja jakości zakwaterowania
- Każdy gospodarz jest weryfikowany telefonicznie
- Bezpieczna płatność za pomocą szyfrowania SSL