HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
Maks. liczba gości5
|Adres||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, Wielka Brytania|
|Rodzaj nieruchomości||Prywatny pokój|
|Czas reakcji||Kilka godzin|
1. PROFILES: Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
2. Make a note of my ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
3. DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address
4. AUGUST 2017 FESTIVAL PERIOD: Minimum booking is 2 persons / 2 nights
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many dozens of visitors from East and West:
Hong Kong * Japan * China * Singapore * Korea * Taiwan * Sri Lanka * Pakistan * India * Australia * New Zealand
* Norway * Sweden * Netherlands * Germany * Austria * Belgium *Switzerland * France * Italy * Greece * Spain *Iceland * Portugal * England * Ireland
* Canada * Chile * Brazil * USA
* Russia * Dubai *Morocco
Locals say it's like a big village - frequently you meet someone you know when you're out. There is much green space in the city, as well as the historical Old and New Towns. Every August the Arts Festivals attract half a million visitors from 'round the world to experience the festivities.
The guest room is in my flat, ideal for 1-3 persons,and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together.
The garden flat is a 22-MINUTE WALK FROM WAVERLEY TRAIN STATION & PRINCES STREET, AND 30 MINUTES TO THE ROYAL MILE. There are many local bus services nearby. My home is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). For groups and families there are two extra mattresses with all bedding placed on the floor if required, **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE WITH EXTRA MATTRESSES IS VERY LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk/worktop, comfortable arm chair and closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, my room is adjacent near the kitchen.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. For 1-3 persons breakfast may be taken at the small half-round kitchen table 830-930, or by arrangement, and larger guest groups will have breakfast at the 200 year-old Scottish farm table in the lounge.
Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensure a rich and cozy ambiance.
All linens/bedding/towels, wireless broadband, gas central heating, 'power-shower', hair dryer, washing machine and drying closet are provided. Children ( DISCOUNT for CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16, please ask at time of booking, under 5 years are free) and pets welcome. I am also gay-friendly. There is an extensive collection of photographic arts and Oriental carpet books, as well as maps and guides of Edinburgh and Scotland available.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinema & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport the new TRAM
• Edinburgh is a very walkable place. It is an easy walk or bus to Princes Street, the Olde Town, Hollyrood Palace, Scottish Parliament, Royal Botanical Gardens, Museum of Scotland, National Gallery of Scotland, Museum of Modern Art, City Arts Centre, Hollyrood Queen’s Gallery and Waverley Train Station all in central Edinburgh.
• Excellent international restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
*** PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE***
UK RAIL TRAVEL?
Beware UK rail prices which seem to have no logic. However with a little planning and knowledge you can very often travel much cheaper particularly long distance.
SPLIT-TICKETING: Longer journeys can often be less expensive by shopping carefully, buying in advance ON LINE, and breaking up your journey into 2, 3 or more segments, with tickets for each part of the journey,often at major junctions. Look online for "split ticketing". It is legal & usually worth the effort
To help you enjoy your stay, please observe the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Cena za >1 gości||99 zł opłata dodatkowa od gościa/nocy|
|Maks. liczba nocy||5 noce|
|Zameldowanie przed||Do ustalenia|
|Wymeldowanie przed||Do ustalenia|
|Zasady Anulowania Rezerwacji||Elastyczna|
La habitación y el baño impecable, todo limpio muy ordenado, nada que envidiarle a un 3 estrellas, David es muy muy hospitalario, y además es una persona de mundo, por favor tómense 5 minutos para hablar con el de cualquier cosa, en cuanto al desayuno perfecto, fruta, te, jugó, mermelada, queso...
Ho alloggiato da David con altri tre miei amici per un viaggio di piacere a Edimburgo e girare la Scozia. David si è dimostrato subito disponibile fornendoci tutte le indicazioni stradali per raggiungere i migliori punti di interesse. La casa dista circa 20 minuti dal centro, ma è un ottimo punto base per girare a piedi tutta Edimburgo. Buona anche la colazione che consisteva in caffè, latte, yogurt, banane, pane, burro e marmellata. Se dovessi tornare a Edimburgo ci tornerei sicuramente, consigliato!
David is a perfect host, his place is visitor friendly, cosy and comfortable. Those who like an evening conversation after a day full of tourist activity will be fully satisfied. If one add a fantastic selection of classic, blues and jazz, the picture will be close to complete. The key factor is an unimitable atmophere.
David ist ein freundlicher und hilfsbereiter Gastgeber.Unsere beiden Motorräder wurden gestohlen und David unterstützte uns tatkräftig bei der Konversation mit der Polizei und den notwendigen Telefonaten um unsere Weiterreise zu bewältigen.Wir schätzen ihn sehr aufgrund seiner netten, ehrlichen Art und seiner selbstlosen Hilfsbereitschaft und können seine Unterkunft nur bestens empfehlen.
Nochmals vielen Dank David und liebe Grüsse von Gerhard, Iris und Andreas
Es war ein sehr angenehmer Aufenthalt. Ein sehr netter Gastgeber, der uns mit
Tipps weitergeholfen hat. Die Stadtmitte ist sehr gut zu Fuß erreichbar. Das Zimmer ist sehr gemütlich. Nach Davids Beschreibung war die Adresse vom Flughafen gut zu finden
We really enjoyed our stay with David. The room was clean, quiet and very accessible.It was close enough to the city centre to be within walking distance and just far enough out to have no traffic noise. Many thanks!
David was a very caring host. Although I took my Mom who was used to relatively hot weather to Edinburgh in winter time, David did his best to keep the room warm for us to have good night sleep. Everything in the house was neat and lovely, we really enjoy the stay. It was also very nice to know David himself as a very interesting and warm person.
- Gwarancja jakości zakwaterowania
- Każdy gospodarz jest weryfikowany telefonicznie
- Bezpieczna płatność za pomocą szyfrowania SSL